The project includes an entrepreneurial Knowledge Network that involves a diverse range of experts, practitioners and stakeholders from multiple sectors and disciplines. Knowledge Network members guide the creation of program training opportunities and may provide mentorship for team members and student interns.
Knowledge Network Members
- Paul Barran, Industrial Technology Advisor, National Research Council
- Sunita Chowrira, Senior Instructor and Director, University of British Columbia
- Dave Ng, AMBL Director and Senior Instructor, University of British Columbia
- Jennifer Gardy, Genome Research Laboratory Head and Adjunct Professor, BCCDC and UBC
- Eric Jandciu, Course Coordinator, University of British Columbia
- Robyn Sussel, Principal, Health & Science Communications at Signals Design Group
- Ben Paylor, stem cell researcher and science communicator
- Michael Burgess, Professor and Chair in Biomedical Ethics – W. Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics; Professor, Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia
- Steven Williams, Owner, Constructive Public Engagement
- Mark Winston, Director, SFU Center for Dialogue
Metrics and Benefits
- Dennis Rank, Senior Partner at Dennis Rank and Associates
Additional mentorship opportunities will be available through an entrepreneur-in-residence component of the project.