UBC forestry, agriculture and environment researchers have been awarded $66.9 million in the latest two Genome BC and Genome Canada applied genomics research. genomics.entrepreneurship@UBC has partnered with ten of these research projects to help them address their knowledge mobilization and commercialization challenges.
- AdapTree: Assessing the Adaptive Portfolio of Reforestation Stocks for Future Climates
- Lignin: Harnessing Microbial Diversity for Sustainable Use of Forest Biomass Resources
- SMarTForests: Spruce Marker Technologies for Sustainable Forestry
- TAIGA: Genomics-Based Forest Health Diagnostics and Monitoring
- Tria: Genomics-Enhanced Forecasting Tools to Secure Canada’s Near-Term Lignocellulosic Feedstock Supply for Bioenergy using the Mountain Pine Beetle